The Prince Edward Island 55 Plus Games Society Inc. is a community based volunteer and charitable organization governed by a Board of Directors and is comprised of citizens interested in the objects and purpose of the society. It was established in 1997 and incorporated in 2003. The Society is affiliated with the Canadian Senior Games Association.
The Society’s motto is Stay Active.
The objects and purposes of the Society are to;
1. Coordinate the organization and staging of the Prince Edward Island 55 Plus Games;
2. Demonstrate the values and abilities of persons 55 years and over and create an awareness of their contribution to the Canadian lifestyle;
3. Encourage physical, social and creative achievements through participation and friendly competition;
4. Engender a sense of community spirit by providing the opportunity and catalyst for bringing seniors, their families, and the community at large together to become involved in the 55 Plus Games;
5. Promote active participation in sport, recreation, cultural, educational and creative activities